By Heather Clark – Christian News Network
HOUSTON – An investigation into the Medicaid billing practices of a Texas-area chapter of Planned Parenthood has resulted in the organization being found responsible for committing fraud, and will cost the abortion provider $1.4 million.
The payment surrounds a settlement that was reached with Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast, which had been sued by a former employee who alleged that the organization was cheating the system. The lawsuit turned into an official investigation conducted by Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott and the Texas Health and Human Services Commission’s Office of the Inspector General.
- Texas Busts Planned Parenthood for Medicaid Fraud (pjmedia.com)
- Texas Planned Parenthood Abortion Mill Defrauded Medicaid to Tune of $1.4 Million (stoptheaclu.com)
- Texas Planned Parenthood Abortion Mill Defrauded Medicaid to Tune of $1.4 Million (capoliticalnews.com)
- $1.4 Million Settlement against Planned Parenthood for medicaid fraud (iowntheworld.com)
- Planned Parenthood in Texas settles for $1.4 million in Medicaid fraud case (utsandiego.com)
- Texas Planned Parenthood Abortion Mill Defrauded Medicaid to Tune of $1.4 Million (wizbangblog.com)
- Texas Planned Parenthood must reimburse $1.4 million in Medicaid fraud, calls charges ‘baseless’ (lifesitenews.com)
- Whistleblower nails Planned Parenthood, ordered to reimburse Texas for fraud (bizpacreview.com)
- Planned Parenthood to Pay $1.4 Million in Medicaid Fraud Settlement (heritage.org)
- Planned Parenthood settles fraud case in Texas (mysanantonio.com)